Saturday, July 05, 2008

Update on The Baby and lots of pictures

Ok, so it has been a while since we posted an update on The State of The Baby Situation. I have spent some time at the hospital on a few different days this week because of borderline preeclampsia (or toxemia). This means that I am retaining water like crazy, my blood pressure is shooting up, and a host of other things that put me at risk for developing complications such as seizures (though unlikely at this point). This is a progressive condition, which means it just gets worse until the baby is born. Luckily, I haven't had to deal with this for most of my pregnancy, and the baby is doing fabulously. However, because of the changes they have detected in my bloodwork etc., if I don't go into labor on my own this week, I will be induced bright and early Monday morning. Many of you know that this is not exactly how I had hoped for things to go, but at the moment, I just feel ready for this baby to come, so I will take what I can get! I am hoping, however, that I will go into labor this weekend, thus precluding any need to be artificially induced on Monday. There isn't much I can do though... I am on strict bedrest (with bathroom and meal "privileges") to keep my blood pressure down. BJ has been very supportive during this whole thing, doing laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning etc. while I can't get out of bed. The bedrest situation has been really difficult for me... obviously it is boring, and there are tons of things I would rather be doing, working on stuff to get ready for the baby etc. But after being chastised by the doctor, I am following the instructions more closely...
Here are some pictures of Baby Gabe's progression!


Here are a few other albums that I meant to put up earlier, but am just now uploading from my camera!




10 comments:

rochelle said...

Ok, so I forgot to write my prediction for Gabe's birth... I think he will be 6 lbs 8 oz (ok, so maybe that is wishful thinking), 20 inches, and have brown curly hair! lol I think he will be born on Monday at around 2:30pm, but I hope he will be born on Sunday at around 8:30pm. How's that for a prediction?!

BJ said...

Well, at this point, guessing when the baby comes is a little unfair, but I'm guessing that he will come Monday! :-D Although, I do hope for Sunday. As far as height and weight go, I say: 21 in. and 7 pounds and 0 ounces.

Mustang Suzie said...

You know our thoughts and prayers are always with you. I'm glad I was able to be at the hospital this past week as it helped me to understand better what is going on.

I'm sure everything will work out for you whether it is tomorrow or Monday. It's just very exciting to know that we will soon be meeting baby Gabe! I'll bet he is excited too. See you both tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I cannot wait to see pictures of a new little squeak! And given BJ will be both the proud daddy and a photographer, well, I expect we'll see a few at some point. :)

Dani said...

We are super excited for you both too! Let us know if we can do anything. I want to bring you dinner once you are home too, so I'll be calling about that. Hang in there! It's almost over!

Cami said...

Good luck!! You are in my prayers!! On the bright side of induction, at least you know when you need to shave your legs!!!!JUST KIDDING!!!

Ashley said...

Good luck guys! I'm sorry that things aren't quite the way you'd hoped, but I'm sure things will work out just fine. I can't wait for the little guy to come!

rhondas view said...

lol...and here i am in texas wondering how everything is going this monday morning!

i can't wait to hear that little gabe is here and that the two of you (and you too bj) are resting and doing well!

love you all!

p.s. thanks for the pic update. fun!

Ammieloris said...

Good luck with your delivery! I hope you are feeling well during and after.

Tammy said...

Wow, good luck with everything! I guess the good news is that you get to know when the baby will be here. Can't wait to see the little boy!