Sunday, April 15, 2007

Goings On

Well, Finals time is just around the corner. It has been a good semester, my busiest yet. I have been able to spend time in clinicals in pediatrics, mother/ baby, and labor and delivery (which I loved- I wish my time there had not been cut short!). I am signed up for classes next fall already. I will be doing ICU and psych nursing. I don't know how I feel about that, but I have heard that ICU is great.
I am here for only 22 more days before I leave for Argentina- isn't that crazy!? It really crept up fast! I am excited, and yet a little apprehensive, and of course, sad that I won't be able to share it all with BJ. He says he will be fine and will take care of him self ok, and I'm sure he will. I just hope he doesn't get too lonely. I am sure he will be visiting around! I will be working Mondays through Thursdays in the hospital, and one of those days I also work in the community in the comedores (where the children in the neighborhood can go to get one semi- decent meal a day.) I think that is how the schedule will go. I am trying to brush up on my Spanish and learn some medical terms. Wish me luck! We will be staying in a youth hostel, which from the pictures looks fairly decent, and it is much safer than the area were going to be staying before. I will be using Skype to call from Argentina, since it would cost like $800.00 to make one or two calls a week on my cell phone, because of high roaming charges etc. Good thing they will have internet there! Pretty much everything is set up, and I am starting to pack things. I am planning on blogging if I have time while I am down there; at any rate I will keep a journal, and will fill everyone in when I get back!
That's all for now, folks!

3 comments:

Charles said...

May your finals rock. Mine are. I hope you don't like Argentina so much that you decide to stay there for the rest of your life. I can see you just sending for BJ and making your home in a country that has a much better national basketball team than our own. *Charles wiping tears from eyes* Don't worry, I'll try to get BJ sane while you're gone. You won't even recognize him when you come back!

Utah Regional Ballet said...

I am sure you did great on your finals! We will miss you in the coming weeks!!

Anonymous said...

we all think that this is such an incredible opportunity! yea!