Sunday, January 21, 2007

The reluctant blogger

Well, I did promise BJ that I would post, but now that it comes to it, I have little to say... As he mentioned, I have been extremely busy with school. I am currently doing my pediatric rotation at the hospital, and I have had some really good/ hard/ interesting experiences. I am learning a lot in all of my classes- I am taking pediatrics, mother/baby, nursing ethics, a culture lab (preparing to go to Argentina) and a religion class- D&C. All of these classes are competing for my time! School started only 2 weeks ago, but we are already in to papers, exams, and other big assignments.
Other than school, I have been running as often as I can for the past couple of weeks. I can feel myself improving as I run consistently- maybe in little steps, but it is exciting for me to be able to do what I thought I couldn't do before.
I don't have too much else going on that is worth mentioning... just trying to keep my head above water in school.

5 comments:

Charles said...

I'm glad you're excited. I wonder what in the world you would talk about in your nursing ethics class.

Question 1) You have a patient who's on oxygen and they're sleeping. You have a little extra nitrous oxide in the back room. Do you...

A) Hook the nitrous oxide up in place of the oxygen
B) Consume the nitrous oxide yourself
C) Experiment to see if nitrous oxide is combustable or
D) As many of the aforementioned as possible

Anonymous said...

What a busy life for both of you! I am so proud of what you are both doing! We'll have to catch up now that Dad and I are back from AZ. Love Ya, Mom

rochelle said...

Wow Charles, I just don't even know what to say to this... fascinating question of ethics.
If you are indeed interested in what we discuss in ethics, visit this link to a blog. It is a very interesting issue, and a quite the hot topic as of late. I won't say what my view of this issue is, but I think it is very difficult to say what it right and wrong.
http://ashleytreatment.spaces.live.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

hiya bj and rochelle (as you read this on the run) just know that your life is building beautifully and we're having fun seeing it happen!
love you,
the barron clan

Utah Dancer said...

Hey Rochelle,

Holy Cow! I think that Charles gave a tough question. Hmmm....what would I do? Sounds like you are so busy! Doing the school thing. Keep us posted on what you are learning-as boring as that may sound, I am really interested!!! Love you!
Candice